Route1 Privacy Notice Last Updated: January 2019
At Route1 we are committed to respecting the Personal Information of Applicants at every stage of the recruitment process. As an Applicant you are in complete control, your personal data will be shared with a prospective employer only through a process initiated by you. This privacy notice applies to the processing of Personal Information in the context of the site and services we provide to Users.
The summary below is followed by a detailed privacy notice. In case of conflict, the detailed privacy notice prevails.
1 We may collect the following Personal Information:
– Contact Information
– Details of Applicant work experience
– Username and password
– Financial Information
– Information collected from your device including about your location
– Information collected via Cookies and other similar technologies
2 We may use your Personal Information to:
– Provide improve and develop our site and services
– Communicate with you
– For advertising and data analysis purposes
– For legal purposes
3 We may share your Personal Information with:
– Our group companies
– Our service providers acting on our behalf
– Prospective employers (only as initiated by Applicant via the site)
– On-line Interest based Advertisers
– Third parties to comply with laws
4 You have the right to:
– Access your Personal Information, rectify it, restrict or object to its processing or request its deletion;
– Receive the Personal Information you provided to us to transmit it to another company
– Withdraw any consent provided
– Lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner
You can exercise your rights by contacting us as described in the “How to Contact Us” section
5 How we protect your Personal Information
We maintain appropriate security safeguards to protect your Personal Information and only retain it for a limited period of time
6 Data Transfers
We will only transfer your Personal Information outside the EEA (as defined below) under legally approved data transfer mechanisms which ensure its protection
How to contact us:
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also write to us at our postal address: Route1, 10 Finsbury Square, London EC2A 1AF
Detailed Privacy Notice
For the purposes of this privacy notice, “Personal Information” is information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. In connection with your use of the Route1 site and services, we obtain information relating to you from various sources described below:
1 Personal Information we may collect
(a) Personal Information You Give Us. You may give us your Personal Information directly, for example, when you complete the registration form to create a profile on the site, correspond with us (for example, by e-mail or chat), use the site to apply for jobs or respond to job offers, enter a competition, promotion, or survey, or report a problem with the site. The Personal Information you give us directly may include your:
– E-mail address
– Phone number
– Phone number of your mobile device
– Company your work for
– Job title
– Details about your current job role
– Username and password
– Credit card or other financial information
We do not request Applicants to submit any sensitive Personal Information relating to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health or sexual orientation and encourage you to avoid sending sensitive Personal Information to us.
(b) Personal Information Obtained from you by Automated Means. Each time you log onto the site, we may automatically collect the following information:
– Device Information. We may collect information from or through the device you use to connect to the site. This includes, for example, technical information such as the type of mobile device you use, your IP address, your approximate location derived from an IP address, your mobile network information, your mobile operating system type and version, the type and version of mobile browser you use, and your time zone setting.
– Log Information. We automatically receive and record certain details about your use of the site, including but not limited to, web traffic data, web logs and communication data, details about what jobs an Applicant has applied for and how many Applicants have applied for a certain job and other information about your activity on the site.
– A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the site
– We use the following cookies:
(a) Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the site.
(b) Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors, track views of content and to see how Users move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the site works, for example, by ensuring that Users are finding what they are looking for easily.
(c) Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to the site or when you have logged into the site already. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
(d) Tracking cookies. These enable us to track use of content from the site(on third party services, such as posts on social media networks), in accordance with your third-party settings.
(e) Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the site more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose
If you are unclear about the types of functions of cookies we use, please contact us for more information.
We also may collect and store information on your computer or mobile device using application data caches and browser web storage (including HTML) or alternative mechanisms and other technology.
Web beacons. The site or the emails that you receive from us may use an application known as a “web beacon” (also known as a “clear gif” or “pixel tag”). A web beacon is an electronic file that usually consists of a single-pixel image. It can be embedded in a web page or in an email to transmit information, which could include Personal Information. For example, it allows an email sender to determine whether a User has opened a particular email.
Third-Party Information We Receive from Other Sources. We may receive information about you from LinkedIn but otherwise do not collect information about you from third party sources
2 How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use the Personal Information that we obtain about you:
– To Provide Our Services to You and Improve the site. We use Personal Information to provide our services to you through the site, to process and complete payments or transactions from Employers and to forward CVs from Applicants to Employers when an Applicant applies for a job through the site. We may also use Personal Information to improve the site.
– To Contact You. We or our third-party service providers may use your Personal Information to send e-mail communications or text messages to you relating to your use of our service. Our email communications and text messages may include, but are not limited to: notifications about the site and services (including important news that could affect your relationship with us), alerts about potential job vacancies, and communications about our new and existing features.
– We may use and share Personal Information for advertising purposes as described in the “Analytics and Online Interest-Based Advertising” section below.
– For Legal Purposes. We may use and share Personal Information for legal purposes, including as described below in the section on “How We Share Information with Third Parties.”
3 How We Share Your Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information with other parties for a variety of purposes, as described below:
– Third-Party Service Providers. To operate the site and provide the services, we may share your Personal Information with our agents, representatives, contractors, and other service providers. These service providers may provide us with support services such as email or text message origination, receipt or support services, customer relationship management services, and service fulfillment.
– We may share your Personal Information with affiliated legal entities and businesses with whom we are under common corporate control. All such entities will comply with the terms of this privacy notice.
– Analytics and Online Interest-Based Advertising. We may partner with certain third parties to collect aggregated Information and to engage in analysis, auditing, research, and reporting. These third parties may use web logs or web beacons, and they may set and access cookies or use similar technologies on your computer or other device.
– Legal Purposes. We may disclose your Personal and Other Information to third parties when we believe, in our sole discretion, that doing so is necessary:
– To comply with applicable law;
– To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violations of our terms and conditions, or situations involving threats to our property or the property or physical safety of any person or third party, or to cooperate with law enforcement;
– To establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; and
– To facilitate a transfer, sale, financing, securitization, insuring, assignment, bankruptcy, or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets.
Aggregated Information. From time to time, we may also share anonymized and aggregated information about Users of the site, such as by publishing a report or providing information to our business partners on trends in the usage of the site.
4 Your rights and choices
– You have the right to request access to and receive information about the Personal Information we maintain about you, to update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, to restrict or to object to the processing of your Personal Information, to have the information blocked, anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or to exercise your right to data portability. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
– If we rely on consent for the processing of your Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw it at any time and free of charge. When you do so, this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent withdrawal.
– To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists, delete your account or submit a request to exercise your rights, please contact us as specified in the “Contact” section below. You may also have the option to withdraw your consent to receiving communications by using the unsubscribe link inserted in our communications.
5 How We Protect Your Personal Information
We use commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your Personal Information against loss or unauthorized access, use, modification, or deletion.
Your profile on our site is password-protected. In order to maintain this protection, do not give your password to anyone. We will never proactively reach out to you and ask for any personal account information, including your password. If you share a computer, you should sign out of your account and close the browser window before someone else logs on. This will help protect your information from disclosure to third parties.
6 Data Transfers
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our service providers. These staff may be engaged in the fulfillment of the services, the processing of your payment details, and the provision of support services. We will only transfer your Personal Information outside the EEA under legally approved data transfer mechanisms which ensure its protection.
7 Third-Party Links and Websites
The site may contain links to and from the sites of our partner networks, advertisers, affiliates, and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these sites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible to them have their own privacy notices. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites. We encourage our Users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy notices applicable to such third-party websites. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by us in connection with your use of our site.
8 Updates to our Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our Personal Information practices. We will post a prominent notice on our website to notify you of any significant changes to our Privacy Notice and indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com. You may also write to us at our postal address: Route1, 10 Finsbury Square, London EC2A 1AF.